Monday, January 15, 2007

This offer will remain valid

I really enjoy craigslist. In fact, I have craigslist to thank for meeting my wonderful former roommates in DC.

And if I'm bored, sometimes I look through the personal ads on craigslist. Usually, they're guys from the suburbs who want to "watch a movie and cuddle." Pardon me while I vom.

But then I saw this tonight. I can't tell if it's:
  • A joke; or
  • An actual offer.
Snaps to me for figuring out the bullet points.

Anyways, I wonder if he won these gift certificates or if someone gave them to him. I'd like to think he won these at a raffle. Unless he bought them for himself, I don't think he can honestly say that anyone is getting a night on the town "courtesy of him."

I think it is An Off that I can refuse though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Doogie Houser?

kara said...

He has like a Doogie Howser/Woody Harrelson thing going on.

Ruth said...

One time a few months ago, my friends ditched me on a Saturday night, so I was perusing craigslist and some guy had posted that he was bored and would take a cute girl out of dinner and drinks. Since I consider myself pretty cute, I emailed him and we traded myspaces. He actually looks like the cute guy from Entourage. Since I have no shame, I met him at the Green Mill and I had a slice of pizza and a gin & tonic while we talked about music and poetry. Got free food and a drink, and we never spoke again!

TJP said...

That's so funny. I was totally coming to the comments section to say, Hey, it's Neil Patrick Harris. Who, I have to say, is awesome on How I Met Your Mother.

Kara, did he respond to your email yet?

Anonymous said...

he looks like the guy who was juggling on american idol tonight, minus the braces, acne and ... tears. ouch.

kara said...

Tim, of course I watch HIMYM and of course, I love it. Suit up!

And I don't think I could go out with this guy. Between his gift certificates and my coupons - it's just not meant to be. It would be too much.

Andy Barr said...

Ruth,

Which guy from Entourage is "the cute guy"?

Andy

TJP said...

Can I email him and say, "Haaaaave you met Kara?"