Sunday, January 14, 2007

I maintain that it was a funny joke

A brief list of the chatting I did with strangers last week

Checkout lady at Rainbow - We talked about how great coupons are and how I should get my groceries at night during the week because it's much less busy


Lady in the elevator at the downtown Target - We talked about how hard it is to find stores when you're walking. You can walk right by a store if it doesn't have a proper awning. Right on lady - I hope you made your way back to the hotel without being lost for too long.

Guy who works at the gym - I actually spoke with him twice last week. The first time, he said he liked my mittens, which of course prompted me to spew forth this: "Thanks, my mom made them for me - they're made from hand-spun wool" - thankfully, he was nice enough to say "yeah, they look like they're homemade, in a good way". And then the second time, we talked about working out in the morning. Nice guy.

Guy at the tire place - This was, by far, my favorite interaction. I had a screw in my tire - so I HAD to make the joke "So you're saying I got screwed!!" - he politely half-laughed and I asked him if he heard that joke alot. Of course he did. But that wasn't going to stop me!


Salad girl at Lunds - Yeah, you're awesome. Right off the bat, we had some great banter going about how we weren't sure if I deserved the lettuce mix. And then she told me about Tom, the sandwich bar guy. Apparently, he is the culprit when the fajita ranch dressing is too spicy. And then she let me try the fajita ranch dressing to see if it was too spicy.


Coat check guy at the concert - We had a conversation about how nice it was that he put my scarf in the sleeve of my coat for me.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head - I think my favorite conversation (this was about a month ago) was when the TiVo lady told me a woman that called to cancel her TiVo and was crying the whole time because she was so upset about not having TiVo.

No comments: