Sunday, March 11, 2007

Yeah, Sorry About That

Andy is right. I should write about our harassment of Meg, the very nice Lunds cashier, on Friday night. It fits in so well with the new recurring theme.

I'm going to back up for a second though. Both of my regular readers will remember when a nice cashier at Lunds told me that she liked my hair. On Friday night, Andy, Erin and I walked around the lake and stopped at Lunds for salads on the way back. We went through this same cashier's lane and we exchanged pleasantries.

Later that evening, we were at Mortimer's. That place sucks now, by the way. Anyways, Andy made eye contact with this cashier from Lunds on his way back from....the ATM? The bathroom? I'm actually not sure where you were coming back from. Anyways, the eye contact led him to believe that he should go back to say hello, but not by himself. With me, since I already have a pre-existing relationship with this young woman.

Turns out, her name is Meg. And she moved here in September. And we had a VERY awkward conversation with her. I know a conversation is going downhill when I'm talking to someone's friend about how often I have to go to the bathroom when I'm at a bar since I'm drinking water because I'm the designated driver. (I win the long sentence award....I'm not going to edit that.) I don't even know how the conversation ended. I just remember walking away and being embarrassed.

So, I'm guessing she walked away from the conversation with the following:
  • She probably thinks that Andy and I are dating. Or that one of us wants to date her.
  • She probably thinks that we're insane for introducing ourselves. And for complimenting her work. (My bad.)
  • She probably hopes that neither of us go through her lane again.
Seriously. I love bullet points.

I saw her at Lunds tonight. I actually avoided going through her lane so that I wouldn't have to explain our behavior on Friday night.

6 comments:

Casey Boyd said...

i think you're overreacting. at least i got some popcorn in andy's shirt-pocket.

kara said...

Underreacting doesn't make for a very good entry though. Not that this one was any good.

Andy Barr said...

I was also at Lunds' yesterday, and I also avoided her lane. What the fuck is wrong with us?

Unknown said...

Ummm... I was also at Lunds yesterday and I also avoided her lane. And I wasn't even there when you talked to her, just during the fateful salad-buying and I was at our table when you went to talk to her.

Wow, go us.

kara said...

We're all super awesome. That's for sure.

Casey Boyd said...

i don't even know what she looks like, so i'll probably just make an educated guess and uncomfortably avoid a lane.