Thursday, March 1, 2007

E-Mail My Heart

I am very fond of crappy pop music. And not in your typical "I'm ashamed of it" way that most 25-year-olds are/should be. I blatantly embrace crappy pop music. Oh yes, I have C'est La Vie by B*witched on my iPod. (And now I'm listening to it.)

And then there's the pop music that I don't think is crappy. A certain J. Timberlake comes to mind.

And that brings me to Ms. Britney Spears. I've always felt a special connection with Britney because we grew our bangs out at the same time. It was fall 1999/spring 2000. I was in my freshman year of college (Go Gophers!) and it was time to say goodbye to the bangs. I don't know if you have ever grown out your bangs, but it is not an easy process. There's the bobby pins, the never-being-able-to-put-your-hair-up and the dreaded Awkward Stage. It's good to know that someone else is going through the same process with you. Anyways, Britney and I - we got through it. And that's where our lives took very different paths.

But I stayed in touch. I had Toxic as my ring tone on my cell phone. I didn't judge when her marriage to Jason Alexander was annulled. When she kissed Madonna, I didn't think that was a big deal. And although I have a pretty serious aversion to snakes, I watched her VMA performance with the snake. Okay, I did get a bit too much enjoyment out of her marriage to Mr. Kevin Federline. But come on - who didn't?

But, Britney, you've lost me. I know I was never in your key demographic. I was always too old. But you are in dire need of a good friend right now to say "Seriously. Knock it off." Where's Madonna? You guys were totally BFFs in 2003. And that girl who was your personal assistant/best friend - where is she? She seems like someone who could set you straight.

And I'm thinking that you should stop hanging out with this Paris Hilton girl. She's bad news.

No comments: