Tuesday, February 13, 2007

And I Expect It To Be Spent Wisely

I go to Lunds almost every night for dinner. Yeah, I could save money by making dinner for myself at home, but I'm usually way too tired by the time I get home to be thinking about cooking. Unless it's heating up a Lean Cuisine. I'm very good at that.

Anyways, I think I have now achieved "regular" status at Lunds. The checkout girl tonight asked me if I had gotten the haircut I had talked to her about last night. (She said she liked my hair, I said that she made my day and I was considering getting it cut.) And she acted like she knew me. Actually, she probably has a pretty firm grasp on how to be my friend - she knows that I'm a sucker for flattery, she knows that I spend alot of time thinking about getting a haircut and she knows that I like Lunds salads. And she knows that I talk to strangers.

My Valentine's Day present to myself was to have my taxes done by a professional. I get alot of joy out of getting my taxes done or doing my taxes. I'm not sure why. Regardless, I owe the government six dollars.

6 comments:

TJP said...

Better than being a regular at a bar! And better than my status as a regular at Jacks. I knew I hit it big there when the woman dug $ .35 out of her penny jar for me. I had a dollar, but she went the extra mile.

Happy Valentine's Day. (bah humbug)

kara said...

I agree that being a regular at a classy grocery store is better than being a regular at a bar.

And please tell me that the woman dug 35 pennies out for you. And that you were getting the grilled cheese - Jacks had such a good GC!

Bah humbug to Valentine's Day indeed. I'm just glad it's double coupon day at the grocery store (the non-classy one).

Ruth said...

stiff the gov't that shit, dude.

kara said...

I'd end up feeling guilty if I didn't pay it.

Unknown said...

$1 progresso at the not-classy grocery store made me so excited I told 4 people within 10 minutes. I actually went back again the next day, but there were only 12 cans of hearty tomato and tomato basil left -- and I already had a bunch of both.

Unknown said...

Dude, good one. But yeah- blargh to Valentines Day, it's even a drag even when you're in a relationship.

P.s Don't you love how I'm commenting on your blog at 2am...