Monday, April 30, 2007

I Really Don't Enjoy Family Guy

I don't write about my job on this web journal. Or any other web journal, for that matter. Not only am I bound to attorney-client privilege, but hey, it's just not cool to be disclosing private information. But I have a cute story. I called one of our clients to tell her about her upcoming green card interview. She was very excited and did a bit of squealing. When she settled down a bit, she asked me if she could ask me a personal question. Now, I get asked personal questions occasionally. No big deal. I'm fine with telling people that I don't have kids and I haven't found Jesus. Anyways, this client paused, got all quiet, and asked me...

"Do you like cake?"

DO I!?!?! I love cake. I told her that I like cake, but she doesn't have to bring me a cake. Unfortunately, I couldn't talk her out of it, so we're getting a cake. (Side note to Rachel: yay! cake!) My favorite cake is the marble cake from Lunds (surprise!) - it has an almondy flavor.

This cake discussion is a good transition into my announcement regarding The Diet of 2007. I've gained five pounds over the last four months. Not cool. I bought a food diary and apparently, the mere act of buying the food diary caused me to lose half a pound.

And speaking of food (the transitions! It's a slippery slope) - Meghan and I had EXCELLENT customer service at Big Bowl on Sunday. (This was pre-food diary.) A manager saw that we were enjoying some potstickers and brought us a complimentary (!!!) appetizer. Big Bowl manager, I love you. And the waitress was quick with the refills on the awesome hibiscus lemonade iced tea and water. I was a thirsty pocket.

3 comments:

Mikey B said...

We should talk more about how family guy sucks. Like, all the time.

Unknown said...

yay! i got a mention! i thought i was going to have to make lasagna or something to rate that. =) sorry i'm so excited about this!

kara said...

Family Guy does suck. Big time. I actively do not like Family Guy.

And Meghan, you know I have nothing but love for you and your lasagna.