Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Look Forward to These Things

I'm having a good week. A woeful lack of Adventures in Consumerism though. I just turned off my TV! At 9:45 on a Thursday night!

Admitted Student Day went well. I learned who to avoid and who to hang out with. Pretty girl, I'm sorry that I accidentally hit on you a little bit. Pretty guy, I'm sorry about rambling about how much I like eating chicken for lunch. My back-up conversation line was going to be about the acoustic tiles in the ceiling, so you should feel lucky. Annoying girl, please don't talk to me ever again. I'm not going to go drink Bloody Marys with you. Admissions Woman, I'm sorry about squealing with glee when you handed me a gavel pencil. I was just really excited.

Tamie's wedding in Fond du Lac was tons o' fun. The food was delicious. I really liked the cheese cubes and the pasta. And the cake. And the dance.

My Fun in Fond du Lac was followed by me being incredibly hungover and driving across Wisconsin back to my parent's house. I was laying on the couch when my sister walked in and said "Wow, this feels like high school all over again." In retrospect, shut up. I also laid on the living room floor, the kitchen floor, the yard and then later, I laid on Andy and Casey's floor. Kirby (my parent's dog) decided to get in on the sweet yard-laying action and laid down next to me with his legs in the same position my limbs were. Very clever, little cockapoo. I know you were mocking me.

And it's been a great week! I'm in high spirits. I'm playing Bingo with Katie and Jill tomorrow night. And then the Craftstravangza is on Saturday! I love that crap.

I do have a minor Adventures in Consumerism story. I ventured to Lunds after work to grab some sushi. There was an Asian woman behind a sample table. She didn't have any samples, so obviously, I was going to avoid her. But I couldn't because she was directly in front of the sushi. She thanked me for shopping at Lunds and I was milliseconds away from thanking her for making such excellent sushi. But then I stopped and wondered if I was being racist by assuming this Asian woman made the sushi. So, I said "No, thank YOU." Ugh. And then the bagger and I had a very awkward conversation about me purchasing a Philadelphia roll and a California roll. He said I was doing an East Coast/West Coast tour and all I could come up with was "Yeah, I get around." Ugh.

No comments: