Monday, September 17, 2007

Suit Up!

So, when I'm saying that law school is keeping me busy, I don't mean that in a casual "I'm re-arranging the order of my Entertainment Weeklys" kind of way. I mean that in a "I GUESS I can make time to eat dinner tonight." (Note - I'm having donut holes for dinner tonight. Someone please adopt me.)

But, there is something to be excited about - I get to suit up tomorrow! We're expected to dress professionally for our mock client interviews tomorrow evening. So, I went to JCPenney's bright and early yesterday and bought my first suit. Yes, my first suit is from Penney's. And yes, I did save $120, so stop judging me, Ann Taylor.

My wonderful sister leaves for Mozambique early on Sunday morning, so the whole fam (including the dog, Kirby) is coming up to Minneapolis for her departure. They're staying at a hotel, with the exception of Kirby, who is staying with me. I feel like I should go buy him some dog snacks or something for his stay here. But I'm sure my mom will pack those in his overnight bag.

Anyways, back to Erin leaving for Mozambique - I know that she has put a lot of work into this and she's super excited about it. And we're all super excited about it! It's such a great opportunity to go out there and do some real good - so, needless to say, I'm incredibly proud of her. And I know my parents are proud of her (because they told me - but my mom did follow it up with the compliment-fishing comment of "I wonder what we did so right...." and then looked to me for an answer, which I did.)

1 comment:

meg said...

i'll adopt you and feed you dinner nightly only if it means i'll get to see you. i miss your witty banter! and FYI you can always borrow a suit from me!