Tuesday, August 7, 2007

UFO Days

First post on my Macbook! Yay!

So, this post is being posted much later than I had expected.

Andy, Casey, Erin, Rachel and I went to UFO Days in Elmwood, Wisconsin for my birthday a few weeks ago. I'd put a link to it, but UFO Days is no friend to technology. Anyways, I love Wisconsin, particularly western Wisconsin, so I was glad to be back in my home state for my special day.

We arrived at UFO Days and it was....a bit lackluster. I think the best way to describe it at first is....non-fun. But no worries, I got myself an alien-themed bobble-head headband almost immediately and the fun began. Well, actually, the garden tractor pull began. And yes, it's a tractor pull with garden tractors. It went on for so long that we went and got dinner at The Shack (excellent curds! but a bit weird to put chicken fingers on pizza....but kudos to your inventive usage of the beloved chicken finger) and the tractor pull was still going on.

There are three bars in Elmwood - the Long Branch, Big Dick's and Sandbar Too (no word on where Sandbar One is). I know that we went to two of these locations. And I know I bought a drink at Big Dick's after I dropped mine all over a woman in front of Big Dick's.

It was my birthday, so I celebrated appropriately. But UFO Days, I have a bit of advice for you - MORE UFOS! There was a definite lack of UFO-ness going on. There was barely any UFO spirit! I was in the minority with my light-up alien headband! WTF? So, UFO Days, I have some suggestions:

- Have someone walk around dressed in a UFO costume. Instant fun!
- Stage a fake UFO landing. Or at least have tours of the UFO sighting sights.
- Mandate the light-up alien headbands.
- Have a song contest, American Idol-style, of songs involving aliens or outer space.
- Don't let me drink so much.
- Have the parade on Saturday. That would just be more convenient for us.

I'd recommend UFO Days, but be prepared to be the most UFO-spirited person there. I'm highly suspicious that this was actually just an excuse for people to drink.

No comments: